Housing and Dining
Housing Text Heading link
Where can I stay when I first arrive in Chicago?
If you need temporary housing when you first arrive, here are nearby options that we recommend.
Can I live on campus? Can I live off campus?
Yes to both! Students in our Intensive English Program can live in UIC housing or off campus in apartments and lofts.
Is there a Homestay option?
Yes! Homestay host families provide a private bedroom, a private or shared bath, and different meal options. The Tutorium does not arrange Homestay, but you can apply for Homestay yourself through Studentroomstay.com.
On-Campus Housing Heading link
Most Tutorium students who choose campus housing live in the UIC SSR building.
- Students in SSR housing have a private bedroom and share a bathroom and kitchen with roommates.
- Student meals plans are available for on-campus housing residents.
- Family housing is not available to Tutorium students.
- Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
- Rooms are assigned based on availability.