Chicago, Communication and Culture
Vacation English Program
Chicago, Communication and Culture Program Heading link
Chicago, Communication and Culture (CCC) is a short-term English program for visitors to Chicago who want to explore the city while they improve their English.
In this program, students meet for classroom language instruction in the morning, then leave campus for language practice and cultural activities at Chicago’s most famous attractions, events and neighborhoods.
Our CCC program is for students who:
- Plan to visit the US on a B-1 or B-2 (tourist) visa
- Or, can enter the United States on a visa waiver
- Or, are US citizens or residents
Custom CCC Program for Your Group Heading link
If you have a group that wants to come to Chicago, we offer customized versions of CCC to fit your group’s schedule and interests. The Tutorium can issue the I-20 for students in full-time versions of these short-term courses.
Sample Custom Program Schedule
In the morning, students learn strategies for effective communication in both speech and writing and strengthen their public speaking skills. In the afternoon, students explore Chicago and American culture, and attend Professional Skills workshops on customized topics.
Monday – Thursday
- Speaking/Listening Skills: 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Writing and Grammar Skills: 10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Lunch Break
- Culture: 1 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Professional Skills Workshops: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.