notice of online courses
For Fall 2020, all classes are online.
Tutorium Student Services
Our friendly Tutorium staff are here to answer your questions and help you get the most out of your time in our program.
Most students enrolled in our Intensive English Program plan to apply to universities in the United States upon completion of our program.
The Tutorium Advising staff offers advising on:
- the U.S. university system
- the TOEFL iBT, IELTS and other entrance tests
- how to choose a university
- how to complete applications
University and College Admission Resources
Student Computer-Aided Instruction Lab (SCAILAB)
SCAILAB (“sky-lab”) is the Tutorium computer lab. It is located on the first floor of Addams Hall on the east side of the UIC campus.
Each of the four classrooms in SCAILAB has approximately 20 workstations, all of which include a wide variety of English language learning software and applications.
Tutorium classes use SCAILAB, and Tutorium students have priority access to SCAILAB before and after class.
- Special software to improve English as a second language
- Special software to practice for the TOEFL iBT
- Advanced computers and fast Internet access
Tutorium students can use SCAILAB to:
- Do homework
- Practice specific English skills
- Improve their computer skills