on campus study and laptop notice Heading link
Intensive English courses are 100% in person on the UIC campus.
All students are required to bring their own laptop to class.
Application Instructions Heading link
Click each tab to learn how to apply to our programs.
Info & Requirements
Important! This is not an application to the University of Illinois Chicago (UIC). Acceptance into this Intensive English Program is not an acceptance into UIC.
Intensive English Program
- This program offers full-time study that qualifies for the I-20.
- Participants must be 17 years or older.
- Applicants must have the equivalent of a U.S. high school education. (Documentation may be requested.)
- Student levels are determined by a placement exam.
- Go to Start Dates for the latest deadline information.
- Application and application fee from students traveling from overseas should be received 6 weeks before the start of the session.
- Application and application fee from within the United States should be received 2 weeks before the start of the session.
- Application and application fee received after these deadlines will be processed for midterm entry or the next semester.
- Click to start your Application.
- In the application, under Program, select “Intensive English Program”
- When you submit your online application, you will get a message to pay the $175 application fee.
- After you pay the $175 application fee, and provide all necessary documents, your completed application will be processed by our Admission Team. Application Timeline.
If you need an I-20 for a student visa, include:
- a copy of your passport
- a bank letter
- if you have a sponsor, the Declaration and Certification of Finances form
If you need to have your I-20 as soon as possible:
- Your I-20 is sent electronically, which is the fastest method. You can print out the I-20 from your email to take to consulates, embassies and officials at the port of entry.
- It usually takes 10 business days from the time you submit a complete application for your I-20 to be sent.
If you cannot attend the session you originally applied for:
- Always notify the Tutorium.
- The application fee is not refundable, but you can use it the next session.
- For future sessions, additional or updated documents will be required for registration.
- The Tutorium follows the refund schedule of the university.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Info & Requirements for All Other Courses
- These courses are part-time study and do not qualify for the I-20.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- These courses have no application fee.
- This program offers free phone and online placement interviews.
- English for International Professionals course catalog
- TESOL Professional Development course descriptions
- Submit your application.
- Under Program, select “English for International Professionals Series.”
- After you submit your application, our program will contact you to arrange a short assessment (by email or phone) to determine the best course for you.
- Tuition payment is made online after your language assessment and course enrollment.
Registration Deadlines and Policies
- The registration deadline is two weeks before a class begins.
- Late registration may be possible if there is still space in a course. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- If a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, students may transfer to another class or receive a full refund.
- If a student is misplaced, they will be advised to transfer to another class at a more appropriate level or skill focus, or tuition will be refunded according to our refund policy.
- 95% is refunded (minus $20 service fee for credit card payments) if you notify us by 3 p.m. of the Friday before the class begins
- 85% is refunded if you notify us before the day of the second class meeting
- 75% is refunded if you notify us before the day of the third class meeting
- No refunds are issued if you notify us of your withdrawal on or after the day of the third class meeting.
- Credit card refunds are processed within 5 business days.
TESOL Professional Development Series
The TESOL Professional Development Series follows the refund schedule of the university.
- TESOL Professional Development Series refund amount is based on the amount paid (full series or individual classes, regular or early registration rates), and the refund schedule is based on the course taken and the part of term at the time the withdrawal is initiated.
- When the full series is paid for in advance and classes are taken across different parts of a term, the full cost of any courses (based on the rate paid – regular or early) taken in the previous term will be deducted from refunds initiated in the latter term.
Email Beata Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule an appointment to meet virtually with Beata Keller