on campus study and laptop notice
Intensive English courses are 100% in person on the UIC campus.
All students are required to bring their own laptop to class.
Click each tab to learn how to apply to our programs.
Info & Requirements
Intensive English Program
- This program offers full-time study that qualifies for the I-20.
- Participants must be 17 years or older.
- Applicants must have the equivalent of a U.S. high school education. (Documentation may be requested.)
- Student levels are determined by a placement exam.
- Go to Start Dates for the latest deadline information.
- Application and application fee from students traveling from overseas should be received 4 weeks before the start of the session.
- Application and application fee from within the United States should be received 2 weeks before the start of the session.
- Application and application fee received after these deadlines will be processed for midterm entry or the next semester.
- Click to start your Application.
- In the application, under Program, select “Intensive English Program”
- When you submit your online application, you will get a message to pay the $175 application fee.
- After you pay the $175 application fee, and provide all necessary documents, your completed application will be processed by our Admission Team.
If you need an I-20 for a student visa, include:
- a copy of your passport
- a bank letter
- if you have a sponsor, the Affidavit of Support
If you need to have your I-20 as soon as possible:
- We send I-20s electronically, so you will receive them quickly. Consulates and embassies now accept electronic I-20s and so do officials at the port of entry.
- If you must have a physical copy mailed to you, you can pay extra to have your I-20 sent by express mail. Email email@example.com about express mail.
If you cannot attend the session you originally applied for:
- Always notify the Tutorium.
- The application fee is not refundable, but you can use it the next session.
- For future sessions, a new application fee and other documents will be required for registration.
- The Tutorium follows the refund schedule of the university.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a video appointment with our Admissions/Advising Team.
Info & Requirements
English for International Professionals/Test Prep
- These courses are part-time study and do not qualify for the I-20.
- Participants must be 18 or older.
- These courses have no application fee.
- This program offers free phone and online placement interviews.
- Current English for International Professionals course catalog
- Submit your application.
- Under Program, select “English for International Professionals Series.”
- After you submit your application, our program will contact you to arrange a short assessment (by email or phone) to determine the best course for you
- Tuition payment is made online after your language assessment and course enrollment.
The registration deadline is two weeks before a class begins.
- Late registration may be possible if there is still space in a course. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- If a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, students receive a full refund.
- 95% is refunded (minus $20 service fee for credit card payments) if you notify us by 3 p.m. of the Friday before the class begins
- 85% is refunded (minus the textbook cost) if you notify us before the day of the second class meeting
- 75% is refunded (minus the textbook cost) if you notify us before the day of the third class meeting
- No refunds are issued if you notify us of your withdrawal on or after the day of the third class meeting.
- Credit card refunds are processed within 5 business days.
Refunds for check payment may take 6-8 weeks.
Email Beata Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule an appointment to meet virtually with Beata Keller