I-20 and Visa Information
Students qualify for an I-20 through full-time enrollment in the Intensive English Program.
The Tutorium’s Intensive English Program issues the I-20 in 3-5 days. Same-day service may be possible.
Applying from Outside the United States
Before coming to the United States:
- Complete your application to the Intensive English Program for full-time study. Your application should be sent 4-6 weeks before the start of the session.
- When you get your I-20 in the mail, apply for a student visa.
Applying as a Transfer Student
Proof of Financial Support for I-20
Estimated Expenses for One Semester
|Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 – Summer 2018|
|Total Estimated Expenses||$12,370*|
|Fall 2018 – Spring 2018 – Summer 2018|
|Total Estimated Expenses||$12,470*|
*Immigration regulations require that all students must show a minimum of this amount, no matter where they live or where they get their health insurance.
Applicants must show proof of financial support in one of the following ways:
Student or Sponsor* Funds
Provide a bank letter on bank letterhead with bank signature or bank stamp.
- The amount available must be no less than the Estimated Expenses for One Session.
- This letter must be no older than 6 months.
- This letter can show the amount in U.S. dollars or the equivalent of this amount in any other currency.
- If the letter is not in English, a translation must be attached.
Applicants should also obtain an original bank letter to submit to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate when applying for the F-1 student visa.
*If Using Sponsor Funds
In addition to a bank letter from the sponsor, applicants must also submit a signed Affidavit of Support (see page 2 of the application for the Intensive English Program).
Scholarship or Other Institutional Support
Submit an official letter from the sponsoring organization that states the specific amount of funds granted.
Apply to the Intensive English Program