Intensive English Program Admission Information
All Tutorium applicants:
- must be 17 years or older.
- must have the equivalent of a US high school education. (Documentation may be requested.)
- are not required to send their scores from TOEFL, IELTS, or any other tests.
Admission to the Tutorium does NOT constitute admission to the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Applications from overseas should be received 4-6 weeks before the start of the session. Applications from within the United States shold be received 1 week before the start of the session. Contact our office for the latest information.
Application and Instructions
For the best service, complete our Online Application Form.
If you do not have access to a computer, download and complete our Application PDF instead and send it to our office.
1) Answer all questions on the application.
2) If you need an I-20 for a student visa, carefully follow the application directions, and make sure you include:
Learn more about I-20 and Student Visa Instructions
3) Pay the non-refundable $175 Application Fee.
- Pay by credit card on our online payment site.
- Pay in person at our office.
- Mail a check or money order (payable to University of Illinois).
4) If you want us to send your I-20 by express mail, find the fee on our online payment site.
Payment and Refund Policies
Fees must be paid in full and Scholarship Financial Letters must be received on or before the due date to guarantee registration.
If you cannot attend the session you originally applied for, notify the Tutorium. The nonrefundable application fee can be used for the next I-20 and session only. For future sessions, a new application fee will be required for registration, and updated financial documents may also be required.
No financial aid is available.
If you cannot attend the session you originally applied for, notify the Tutorium. The nonrefundable application fee can be used for the next I-20 and session only. For future sessions, a new application fee and other documents will be required for registration.
- 100% refund (minus application fee and any service fees) with notification by the Friday before the Placement Exam.
- 95% by the Friday before classes begin
- 85% through the first week of classes
- 65% through the second week of classes
- No refunds are made after the second week of classes.
- The $175 application fee is nonrefundable.
A processing fee of $300 is required for transfer requests before attending Tutorium classes.
The Intensive English Program application is also available in the following languages:
|Türkçe||العربيـة||Pусский||Tiếng Việt||Bahasa Indonesia|
The Tutorium follows the nondiscrimination policy of UIC.