Intensive English Program Admission Information
All Tutorium applicants:
- must be 17 years or older.
- must have the equivalent of a US high school education. (Documentation may be requested.)
- are not required to send their scores from TOEFL, IELTS, or any other tests.
Admission to the Tutorium does NOT constitute admission to the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Applications from overseas should be received 4-6 weeks before the start of the session.
Application And Instructions
There are now 2 ways to apply to our Intensive English Program:
1) use our Online Application Form OR
2) download and complete our Application PDF
*You do NOT need to do both.
Online Application Form
The online application is a more convenient and secure way to submit the required documents for your application. There are instructions at the beginning of the Online Application Form. You may want to look at the Application PDF before you begin the online form so that you know what questions will be on it.
Before you begin your application, we recommend that you read all of the directions below.
1) Answer all questions on page 1 of the Application PDF, sign, and date.
2) If you need an I-20 for a student visa, carefully follow the directions on page 2.
- Include your bank letter.
- If you have a financial sponsor, complete the Affidavit of Support section.
To learn more about the I-20 and F-1 student visa application process: The I-20 and Visa Instructions
3) If you are transferring from another school, complete the Transfer Verification Form and give it to your current school.
4) Pay the non-refundable $175 Application Fee.
- Pay by credit card on our secure website: www.paytie.com.
- Mail a check or money order (payable to University of Illinois) with your application.
5) If you want us to send your I-20 by express mail, see fee indicated on www.paytie.com.
6) Submit your completed application.
- Email to email@example.com.
- Print and mail to:
Tutorium in Intensive English
University of Illinois at Chicago (m/c 324)
1333 South Halsted Street, Suite 260
Chicago, Illinois 60607- 5019
Payment and Refund Policies
Fees must be paid in full and Scholarship Financial Letters must be received on or before the due date to guarantee registration.
If you cannot attend the session you originally applied for, notify the Tutorium. The nonrefundable application fee can be used for the next I-20 and session only. For future sessions, a new application fee will be required for registration, and updated financial documents may also be required.
No financial aid is available.
If you cannot attend the session you originally applied for, notify the Tutorium. The nonrefundable application fee can be used for the next I-20 and session only. For future sessions, a new application fee and other documents will be required for registration.
A full refund of fees, excluding the application fee and service charges, is issued if the Tutorium receives notification before the Placement Exam. A partial refund is issued through the second week of class. No refunds are made after the second week of class.
- 100% refund (minus $20 service fee for credit card payments) with notification by the Friday before the Placement Exam.
- 95% by the Friday before classes begin
- 85% through the first week of classes
- 65% through the second week of classes
- No refunds are made after the second week of classes.
- The $175 application fee is nonrefundable.
A processing fee of $300 is required for transfer requests before attending Tutorium classes.
The Intensive English Program application is also available in the following languages:
|Türkçe||العربيـة||Pусский||Tiếng Việt||Bahasa Indonesia|
The Tutorium follows the nondiscrimination policy of UIC.