TOEFL and IELTS at the Tutorium
More than Great Scores—Great English
TOEFL iBT and IELTS Test Preparation Courses
The Tutorium offers part-time TOEFL iBT and IELTS preparation courses every spring, summer and fall semester. See our current test preparation course schedule. Learn how to register for a test preparation class.
You do not have to be a UIC student or a student in the Intensive English Program to take the TOEFL and IELTS test preparation courses. These part-time courses are separate from the Intensive English Program.
The test-preparation courses are led by professional English language instructors who have extensive experience with the TOEFL iBT and the IELTS. Students practice all four skill sections of the tests, take practice tests, and receive individual feedback from the instructor.
Preparation for the TOEFL and IELTS within the Intensive English Program
The courses in the Tutorium’s Intensive English Program also offer excellent preparation for success with the TOEFL iBT, the IELTS, and English in academic and everyday life.
In the Intensive English Program classes, students:
- learn to summarize information and state an opinion in both speaking and writing.
- practice finding main ideas quickly and making inferences in both reading and listening.
- improve grammar and vocabulary while practicing reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- use technology to develop these four skills.
The Intensive English Program courses teach integrated skills.
- Every class combines skills: reading with writing, listening with speaking.
- Daily exercises combine skills: reading with speaking, listening with writing.
- Courses at the high-advanced level integrate all four skills.
Institutional Testing Program (ITP) TOEFL
Students in levels 3-5 of the Intensive English Program take the ITP TOEFL as a part of the regular intensive program at no extra charge.Apply to the Intensive English Program